First stop: CAIRO, Egypt

Assalamualaikum all. So my first stop was Cairo, Egypt. I arrived there on 7th January and it was still winter that time btw. However, I dengan berlagaknya keluar dari airport without wearing any sweater/coat/jacket and what not! Well, the weather during day time was quite bearable I must say. It was maybe around 14 degrees, so yeah that was bearable I guess (I did wear my thermal inside tho!).

Right after putting our luggage in the coaster boot, we straight went to visit a few maqams (tombs) in Cairo. It was a very blessed trip, I can feel it. Bayangkanlah, the moment kitorang sampai Cairo je terus gi ziarah makam wali-wali dan tokoh-tokoh Islam zaman dahulu. I feel so blessed! Alhamdulillah ╰(▔∀▔)╯.  

The very next day, at 8am we all started our journey to Iskandariah a.k.a Alexandria. I was very excited about going there because I just LOVE LOVE LOVE Alexandria! The ocean, the view... I just love it! So it took us about 3 hours by car since we stopped by to grab some breakfast along the way. There aren't any R&R looking places there like we have in Malaysia, but the restaurant that we stopped by was pretty okay for an Egyptian standard though! But it was freezing cold in the restaurant that I had to wear my windbreaker over my leather jacket inside the restaurant LOL! The coldness was real and I was shocked that I could see my breath vapour coming out from my mouth! Wehooo! Boy, I was so happy and excited to see that! I even recorded myself puffing the air out!! Oh btw, below is the picture of our Egyptian breakfast. It was quite delicious to be honest :D


Simple yet delicious!


What's important is that it was served hot!
The food was only roti, ful medames (arab nut-based food), hard boiled egg, tomatoes and cucumber (salad), and hot drinks. That's it! However, they served the food hot, making everything delicious even though I don't really like Arab breakfast hah hah! The soup has a very interesting taste though. It has the texture of nuts (berkapas), but has the taste of a lamb soup?! Yup, sounds weird but it was delicious anyways! I don't really know what it was until now hahahaha! We stayed at the restaurant for a while just to get ourselves warmed, and after that we continued our journey to Alexandria, and THAT, I will continue in my next entry :) Because it's going to be super long if I share it here (^_~)

That's all for now. Tata! 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What is ENCOM all about?! Part 1 (CFS ver.)

Internship Experience

IIUM Pagoh, Johor